Massaro Corporation renovated the Hill House Kaufmann Center Auditorium and Elsie Hillman Program Center. The first step was to engage the community by hosting a “Meet and Greet” for local minority and women owned businesses. The purpose of the meeting was to share with local businesses how to get involved and how Massaro conducts the bid process. The second step in this process was to start working along side the Hill House First Source Center, which was established through the community benefits agreement.
The renovation of the Hill House’s Kaufmann Center Auditorium and Elsie Hillman Program Center included a 550-seat auditorium featuring a conference center, kitchen and outdoor amphitheater.
Sustainable Features Include:
- Utilized high post-consumer recycled content composite wood rainscreen cladding
- Permeable brick pavers were used for the courtyard
- BBT or Biobased tile, composed of rapidly renewable materials, and FSC certified maple flooring were incorporated
- White TPO membrane roof was installed to decrease the heat island effect
- Acoustic ceiling tile and metal grid made with recycled content
- All joint compounds, sealants, paints and adhesives were low VOC
- Low-flow water closets and urinals
- All appliances are Energy Star rating